Noninvasive assessment of risk of aggressive prostate cancer
Prostate cancer is one of the most common tumors diagnosed in men and has one of the most significant morbidity and mortality rates. Due to different prognosis of aggressive or silent prostate cancer, it is important to rely ona screening system that establishes the risk of aggressive prostate cancer without the need for invasive procedures such as biopsy. 4Kscore is a new tool for assessing the need to perform a biopsy, regardless of whether it is the first or not, or the patient’s PSA values.
The 4kscore test evaluates tumor aggressiveness by studying four markers: total PSA, free PSA, intact PSA, and human kallikrein 2 in a blood sample. The results of the analysis are integrated in an algorithm that includes the age of the patient, the presence or absence of nodules detected by rectal examination and the result of the previous biopsy (if any). Thanks to the integration of the different parameters, 4Kscore provides a percentage of the probability that a prostate biopsy is positive (Gleason ≥7).
Indicated for patients with:
• Family history of prostate cancer.
• Elevated or high PSA.
• Abnormal result on the Digital Rectal Exam (DRE).
• Negative result in a previous biopsy.
• The diagnosis of prostate cancer requires the performance of a prostate biopsy.
Biochemical Analysis and Algorithm
• Guaranteed from the experience of the Synlab group, the absolute European leader in laboratory diagnosis.
• Minimally invasive analysis
• Reduces the initial need to perform a biopsy
DOCUMENTATION – Available on Extranet for clients:
• Informed Consent.
• Clinical Questionnaire.
• Fasting is not necessary for the test.
• Do not perform in case of: previous diagnosis of prostate cancer; treatment with 5-alpha reductase inhibitor drugs within the previous 6 months; prostatic procedure in the 6 months prior to extraction.