FG Cardio Vascular
Pharmacogenetics of cardiovascular diseases
Despite the latest advances in pharmacological treatment, not all patients with cardiovascular diseases respond adequately to medication. This lack of effectiveness of the pharmacological treatment of cardiovascular diseases may be due in large part to genetic causes, since the variation in the human genome is one of the most important factors responsible for modulating the individual response to medications.
The genetic profile FG – Cardio Vascular studies the main metabolizing and target enzymes implicated in the effect and toxicity of the different pharmacological treatments of cardiovascular diseases. The analysis provides relevant information about the 14 most commonly used drugs, based on the study of the 36 genetic polymorphisms described in the scientific literature.
• Patients on pharmacological treatment who wish to customize medication based on their genetic profile
• Patients with drug side effects
• Patients in whom pharmacological treatments do not show the expected results
Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)
• Guaranteed from the experience of the Synlab group, the absolute European leader in laboratory diagnosis.
• Detailed report including, in addition to the type of metabolism of each enzyme, which drugs can generate toxic effects and adverse reactions, as well as dose recommendations.
• Information provided by the analysis allows the selection of the most appropriate drug, and determines the most appropriate dose for each patient.
• Genetic counseling available at no additional cost, according to the needs of each client.
DOCUMENTATION – Available on Extranet for clients:
• Informed Consent
• Clinical Questionnaire
• Fasting is not necessary for the test.