FG Onco Irinotecan
Pharmacogenetics of irinotecan treatment
Irinotecan is an analogue of camptothecin, an approved drug for the treatment of advanced colorectal cancer, and also for lung, brain and breast tumors. A genetic variant in the TATA element has been described in the promoter of the UGT1A1 gene, which may produce a decrease in the expression of the UGT1A1 gene, and, therefore, protein synthesis (the enzyme UGT1A1). Decreased levels of the UGT1A1 enzyme may produce accumulation of the active metabolite SN-38, and consequently the adverse effects and toxicity associated with treatment with irinotecan.
The genetic profile FG – Onco Irinotecan studies the main allelic variants of the UGT1A1 gene with known clinical relevance. The efficacy and toxicity of drugs depends largely on genes and genetic variants among individuals.
• Patients on pharmacological treatment who wish to customize medication based on their genetic profile
• Patients in whom pharmacological treatments do not show the expected results
Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)
• Guaranteed from the experience of the Synlab group, the absolute European leader in laboratory diagnosis.
• Detailed report including, in addition to the type of metabolism of each enzyme, which drugs can generate toxic effects and adverse reactions, as well as dose recommendations.
• Information provided by the analysis allows the selection of the most appropriate drug, and determines the most appropriate dose for each patient.
• Genetic counseling available at no additional cost, according to the needs of each client.
DOCUMENTATION – Available on Extranet for clients:
• Informed Consent
• Clinical Questionnaire
• Fasting is not necessary for the test.