Why undergoing this examination?

Foods most often related to digestive discomforts are foods derived from cereals and dairy products. It is estimated that approximately 75% of the population loses the ability to digest lactose at some point in their life. The loss of enzymatic activity is associated with age, and a reduction in this activity can be observed from age 3-5, although it is more common in adulthood. Intolerance to primary lactose or acquired hypolactasia is the most common cause of lactose intolerance in adults and it has a genetic origin. The celiac disease is caused by gluten intolerance, which is a group of proteins present in most cereals. Gluten intolerance is determined by studying the risk haplotypes HLA-DQ2 and HLA-DQ8. In 90% of the cases, patients with celiac disease are HLA-DQ2 positive, while the remaining 10% of the patients have allelic variants that encode HLA-DQ8 without HLA-DQ2 (6%) or a single HLA-DQ2 allele. Therefore, the absence of the haplotypes studied makes the diagnosis of celiac disease very unlikely.

What is this exam?

The INTOLERANCE2 test allows us to know in a single analysis whether there is a genetic predisposition for celiac disease and/or primary lactose intolerance. Alternatively to the respiratory test, the analysis is performed from a blood sample, avoiding direct exposure of the patient to substances.

For whom is it indicated?

• Patients with clinical suspicion of celiac disease and negative serological study, before the biopsy.
• Patients with positive serology for celiac disease who reject biopsy.
• Patients with symptomatology compatible with celiac disease.
• Patients with symptomatology compatible with lactose intolerance.

Technology

Restriction Fragment Length Polymorphisms (RPLP) – PCR + Real Time PCR

Advantages

SYNLAB GROUP:
• Guaranteed from the experience of the Synlab group, the absolute European leader in laboratory diagnosis.
COMPLETE:
• Objective and detailed results report.
SAFE:
• Alternatively to the respiratory test, the analysis is performed from a blood sample, avoiding direct exposure of the patient to substances.

Extra information

DOCUMENTATION – Available on Extranet for clients:
• Informed Consent.
• Clinical Questionnaire.
PREPARATION:
• Fasting is not necessary for the test.


Delivery Time
21 working days
Type of Sample
5 mL of whole blood in EDTA tube

Subscribe to our newsletter

Subscribe to receive news about our exams