Analytical profiles of oxidative stress
Oxidation is a biochemical process of electron loss associated with absorption (reduction). Oxidation is fundamental to life, as it participates in obtaining cellular energy. Oxidative stress appears when the homeostasis of intracellular oxidation-reduction is altered. This imbalance between pro-oxidants and antioxidants can be produced by excessive production of reactive oxygen species (ROS) and/or deficiency in antioxidant mechanisms, leading to cellular damage to tissues and organs.
The oxidative stress profiles available in our laboratory (see composition) are:
• Initial OR profile.
• Basic OR profile.
• Intermediate OR profile.
• Advanced OR profile.
• People who wish to control the aging process.
• People who wish to prevent diseases related to oxidative stress.
• People with a personal or family history of diseases related to oxidative stress.
• Guaranteed from the experience of the Synlab group, the absolute European leader in laboratory diagnosis.
• Objective and detailed results report.
DOCUMENTATION – Available on Extranet for clients:
• Informed Consent.
• Clinical Questionnaire.
• Fasting is required 8 hours before undergoing this examination.
• It recommendable to evaluate the oxidative state, especially from the age of 40 years of age.