Panel of extended cancer
Genetic predisposition to hereditary cancer
There are cases in which relatives are carriers of a particular mutation, but they do not develop the pathology; therefore, the evaluation of family histories is basic, but it is not decisive. Hence, the genetic risk assessment of hereditary cancer should not be restricted to people with a family history. Infact,1 in 300 people is carrying a genetic change that can lead to the onset of cancer.
The Cancer Panel Extended allows the analysis of mutations in more than 100 genes related to predisposition to various types of cancers.
Panel of Extended Cancer is a test that includes the analysis of 105 genes related to the predisposition to cancer, both the less frequent and the most frequent types. These genes are analyzed by new generation sequencing (NGS) and any variant of uncertain or pathogenic significance is confirmed by a new DNA extraction to ensure extremely accurate results.
• Patients with a family history of hereditary cancer.
• Any patient wishing to know their genetic predisposition related to hereditary cancer.
Next generation sequencing (NGS)
• Guaranteed from the experience of the Synlab group, the absolute European leader in laboratory diagnosis.
• The changes found are searched in the most complete and updated databases (Free the data).
• Any pathogenic mutation or mutation of uncertain significance is confirmed from a new DNA extraction followed by Sanger sequencing that also guarantees 100% coverage of all DNA-readable bases.
DOCUMENTATION – Available on Extranet for clients:
• Informed Consent.
• Clinical Questionnaire.
• Fasting is not necessary for the test.