Tumor Mutation Profile
Analysis of mutations in solid tumors
Substantial advances have been made in the understanding and treatment of cancer in recent years. One of these advances was the appearance of molecular subsets that receive specific treatments due to their molecular characteristics. With these advances, many challenges have arisen: The main one is to obtain the correct genotyping of the tumor samples, since changes have been described that can condition the treatment of the patients, favoring it considerably. This is the case of the EGFR gene in lung cancer or the BRAF gene in melanoma.
The Tumor Mutation Profile test analyzes 223 changes in tumor DNA in more than 50 tumor suppressor genes and oncogenes. The mutations included were related to all types of tumors, so their prescription is valid for any type of solid tumor.
Indicated for patients with any type of solid tumor who wishes to perform a complete molecular study, but especially for:
• Aggressive, refractory or rare tumors.
• Tumors of unknown origin, in order to personalize the treatment.
• Cases in which you want to optimize the material and time to obtain results.
• Patients who have exhausted all possibilities for clinical treatment and are eligible to participate in Phase I clinical trials.
Next generation sequencing (NGS)
• Guaranteed from the experience of the Synlab group, the absolute European leader in laboratory diagnosis.
• Technology that improves the cost-effectiveness of diagnosis, and greatly reduces the time to obtain results.
• It detects known pathogenic mutations as well as mutations for which new targeted therapies are being developed.
• The results report includes: Mutations detected, genes involved, targeted treatment options (in the context of patient cancer or in other contexts) and special recommendations.
DOCUMENTATION – Available on Extranet for clients:
• Informed Consent.
• Clinical Questionnaire.
• Fasting is not necessary for the test.