Clinical-genetic evaluation of the real cardiovascular risk
Cardiovascular risk factors are classified as modifiable and non-modifiable; within the latter are the genetic risk factors. The presence of non-modifiable factors makes the therapeutic goals on modifiable factors more demanding. The fact that more than half of cardiovascular events occur in patients classified as low or moderate risk means that the current cardiovascular risk scores are not at all effective. The incorporation of genetic factors into cardiovascular risk algorithms allows the stratification of cardiovascular risk in a more precise and specific way, identifying those patients who need more restricted therapeutic goals. This improvement in the classification of risk is especially important in the population with moderate coronary risk.
CardioScore integrates genetic information with clinical and lifestyle information of the patient to determine the actual cardiovascular risk. The exam assesses:
• Genetic risk factor.
• Relative risk.
• Global cardiovascular risk (classical risk factors).
• Global cardiovascular risk (classical and genetic risk factors).
• Cardiovascular disease of the patient.
• Patient under treatment (high cardiovascular risk).
• Patients with low or moderate cardiovascular risk.
• Guaranteed from the experience of the Synlab group, the absolute European leader in laboratory diagnosis.
• Genetic counseling available at no additional cost, according to the needs of each client.
• Objective and detailed results report.
DOCUMENTATION – Available on Extranet for clients:
• Informed Consent.
• Clinical Questionnaire.
• Fasting is not necessary for the test.